Version 1.0, July 2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 10 of this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorised by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean any legal person whether individual or incorporated and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions granted by this License.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
"Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
"Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
"Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or additions to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
“Canonical Version” the version of the Work which is from time to time published by the Licensor on Github or such other place as the Licensor shall determine from time to time.
2. Grant of Copyright License. By downloading, storing, running or copying, re-publishing, using, modifying or distributing the Work you accept the terms of this license and agree to comply with the terms hereof. Subject to Clause 7 and the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You:
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
7.1. The Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7.2. Whilst the Work is capable of being deployed, used and adopted (instantiated) to create a distributed ledger it is your responsibility to test and validate the code, together with all logic and performance of that code under all foreseeable scenarios.
7.3. The Licensor does not make or purport to make and hereby excludes liability for all and any representation, warranty or undertaking in any form whatsoever, whether express or implied, to any entity or person, including any representation, warranty or undertaking, as to the functionality security use, value or other characteristics of any distributed ledger nor in respect the functioning or value of any tokens which may be created stored or transferred using the Work. The Licensor does not warrant that the Work or any use of the Work complies with any law or regulation in any territory where it may be implemented or used or that it will be appropriate for any specific purpose.
7.4. Neither the licensor nor any current or former employees, officers, directors, partners, trustees, representatives, agents, advisors, contractors, or volunteers of the Licensor shall be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other losses of any kind, in tort, contract or otherwise (including but not limited to loss of revenue, income or profits, or loss of use or data, or loss of reputation, or loss of any economic or other opportunity of whatsoever nature or howsoever arising), arising out of or in connection with (without limitation of any use, misuse, of any ledger system or use made or its functionality or any performance or operation of any code or protocol caused by bugs or programming or logic errors or otherwise);
7.5. You are solely responsible for; testing, validating and evaluation of all operation logic, functionality, security and appropriateness of using the Work for any commercial or non-commercial purpose and for any reproduction or redistribution by You of the Work. You assume all risks associated with Your use of the Work and the exercise of permissions under this License.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
10. Law of this Agreement. You agree on behalf of Yourself and your assigns and successors in title that the courts of the jurisdiction of Licensor incorporation shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this License or arising from the formation of this or incorporating these Terms. The situs of any agreement formed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and all obligations and causes of action arising out of the operation use and functioning of the Work are deemed to be made and performed in the jurisdiction of Licensor’s incorporation. All operation of conflict of laws is excluded.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS